Web Design Methodology
Our process has streamlined both design and engineering for websites. This keeps costs low while improving performance dramtically.
- Initial meeting or conference call to determine site goals and strategy.
- Site map review.
- Engineering and database considerations. Shopping cart.
- Forms for RFQs, Contact, Human Resources.
- Web hosting and domain name review.
- Maintenance discussions. Need for web-based content management system (CMS), vs. Adobe/Macromedia Contribute.
- Importance for search engines to index your site.
- Pricing to match your company budgets.
- Leads to Estimate, then agreement.
- Submission of logo, photos, marketing standards.
- If these do not exist, we may require additional time in developing a new corporate identity.
- Submission of any current print materials.
- Completion of our confidential questionairre and profile.
- Completion of any needed Engineering Specifications for database applications
- Search Engine documents completed.
- FTP information to the web server, for file support verification.
- Reviews all materials received.
- Produces the most logical lowest level 'inner' content page for review. We prefer to 'live' with the proposed site and design long enough to really get a long term understanding. It takes calendar time to think and reflect about decisions. Typically two to three weeks solves most interface issues on a complex multi-level design; shorter time is needed for more simplistic sites.
- 'Tweak' to client specifications. We'll be monitoring the time we have punched in-punched out on the project, so we can advise you if any issues are being seen with the design budget far in advance. No surprises.
- Initial administrative interfaces available for client review for database applications development.
- Approves the final design and interface.
- At this time, final content is needed to correspond with the approved site map.
Moving Forward with Design
- Site templates, libraries and includes built.
- Site Pages and Corresponding GUI Elements Built and Checked.
- Integrates all Text and Scans on Pages as Directed by Client.
- Completes any outstanding items remaining on the Engineering Specifications sheet.
- Reviews all pages. Provides edits to pages, prferably in batches.
- Extensive Text Changes Provided as a New Electronic File. (Please be Advised That Extensive AA's (Author Alterations) usually incurs additional charges.
- Final round of edits.
- QC on any engineering components.
- Final invoice cut and sent.
- Upon Receipt of Final Payment, FTP's Files, Tests All Pages and Links
- ODBC and secured certificates preset for database sites.
- Cleanout of Job Ticket, All Requested Source Materials Returned.
- Final Optimization for Search Engines on Home Page.
- Submission of new sites to the major engines and directories that are free.
- Schedule 6-week ranking report.
- Project archived.